What are Cookies?
- Remember settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page.
- Remember information you give to a website, such as a list of products in your shopping basket.
- Measure how you use a website so it can be improved to better meet your needs.
There are two different types of cookies:
- Session cookies: These are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your browsing session. The next time you visit that particular site it will not recognise you and will treat you as a completely new visitor as there is nothing in your browser to let the site know that you have visited before.
- Persistent cookies: These remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire. How long a cookie remains on your browser depends on how long the visited website has programmed the cookie to last.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
- To save you time by storing your search preferences and shortlisted properties for future browsing sessions.
- To keep hold of any actions you have begun or completed, such as holiday bookings and enquiries, for future browsing sessions.
- To serve you content that is more relevant to you and your preferences.
- To help us monitor and analyse the operation and effectiveness of our website.
We also use technologies similar to cookies – include pixels and tracking URLs – to help us see how customers interact with our marketing emails. For example, we may monitor if an email has been opened and if any links have been clicked within it.
We may also allow certain business partners to place these technologies on our website. These partners use these technologies to help us analyse how you use our website, such as by noting the third party services from which you arrived, market our services to you on our website and third party websites, help us detect or prevent fraud or conduct risk assessments, or collect information about your activities on our website, other sites, and/or the ads you have clicked on. For example, to help us see how customers interact with our website, we work with a number of analytics partners, including Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics opt-out browser by clicking here.
Third parties may also use such tracking technologies to serve ads that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you and measure the effectiveness of their ads both on our website and on other websites and online services. Targeting and advertising cookies we use may include Google, and other advertising networks and services we use from time to time. For more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page or http://youronlinechoices.eu. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customise Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. To the extent advertising technology is integrated into our website and you opt-out of tailored advertising, you may still receive advertising content. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of these opt-out links and are not responsible for the availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
Our website may use social plugins provided and operated by third parties, such as Facebook’s Like Button. As a result of this, you may send to the third party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our website. If you are not logged into your account with the third party, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged in to your account with the third party, then the third party may be able to link information or actions about your interactions with our website to your account with them. Please refer to the third party’s privacy policies to learn more about its data practices.
Opting Out of Cookies
Almost all modern browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you would prefer not to, you should be able to change your browser settings to decline cookies. Be aware that by declining cookies, you may notice our website, and other websites, do not perform as expected or function at all.