We understand that Coronavirus (COVID-19) is continuing to cause a great deal of anxiety for everybody. The situation is still changing daily and we are doing our very best to keep up to date with the latest government and NHS guidelines. We have put together an FAQ below and will be updating it as advice changes:
What are the latest guidelines?
If you have an existing booking affected by new lockdowns or travel restrictions coming into force, in either the region to are travelling from or to, then the property manager will be in touch to discuss your options. If you do not hear from them within 7 days of new rules, we suggest contacting them using details found in your booking confirmation email.
Please refer to the following guidelines by country:
I have sent an enquiry to a property’s owner/agent but had no reply / I have tried calling a property’s owner/agent but can’t get through. Is this normal?
Unfortunately, owners/agents are still experiencing an extremely high number of enquires, both for new and existing bookings. For email enquiries, most of our agency partners are operating a priority system with enquiries for stays in the coming weeks being dealt with first. For phone enquiries, be prepared to be on hold for a little while, particularly if you are contacting one of our larger partners, such as Cottages.com or Sykes Holiday Cottages. They are doing a great job dealing with the demand but their customer service teams are only so big and are dealing with the same work place challenges as everyone else at the moment.
If I make a new booking and it can’t go ahead, will I get a refund?
The properties on our site are listed by lots of different independent property owners and holiday letting agencies. Each will have their own booking and cancellation policies. To make it easy to see what these are in relation to cancellations and refunds, every property listing page now features a “COVID-19 Information” section where we have invited our owners/agents to outline their policy or provide a link to their own information page. For further clarification, you can contact a property’s owner/agent by clicking on the “Send Enquiry” button or calling the number (if shown).
Are properties getting extra cleaning?
All accommodation providers are required to follow best practice guidelines for cleaning properties between guests to reduce the risk of Coronavirus transmission:
- Use personal protective equipment for cleaning and maintenance.
- Use effective disinfectants.
- Consider various methods of cleaning.
- Implement contactless key collection.
- Limit contact with guests where possible.
- Create a cleaning checklist for cleaners to follow.
- Provide a cleaning standards document to give transparency to an incoming guest.
- Provide property information packs via email or through an online facility where possible.
- Consider check in/check out times to accommodate additional cleaning and allow for extra time if required.
- Ensure staff and contractors adhere to social distancing measures.