We understand that Coronavirus (COVID-19) is continuing to cause a great deal of uncertainty and anxiety for everybody. The situation is still changing daily and we are doing our very best to keep up to date with the latest government and NHS guidelines. We have put together an FAQ below and will be updating it as advice changes:
What are the latest guidelines for domestic holidays?
As of 9th September these are the current guidelines:
- England – holidays are able to go ahead, with no more than six people sharing the same property unless there are more than six people in a the household or support bubble.
- Scotland – holidays are able to go ahead but only one household at a time.
- Wales – holidays are able to go ahead.
- Northern Ireland – holidays are able to go ahead.
I have sent an enquiry to a property’s owner/agent but had no reply / I have tried calling a property’s owner/agent but can’t get through. Is this normal?
Unfortunately, owners/agents are still experiencing an extremely high number of enquires for new bookings. For email enquiries, most of our agency partners are operating a priority system with enquiries for stays in the coming weeks being dealt with first. For phone enquiries, be prepared to be on hold for a little while, particularly if you are contacting one of our larger partners, such as Cottages.com or Sykes Holiday Cottages. They are doing a great job dealing with the demand but their customer service teams are only so big and are dealing with the same work place challenges as everyone else at the moment.
If I make a new booking and it can’t go ahead, will I get a refund?
The properties on our site are listed by lots of different independent property owners and holiday letting agencies. Each will have their own booking and cancellation policies. To make it easy to see what these are in relation to cancellations and refunds, every property listing page now features a “COVID-19 Information” section where we have invited our owners/agents to outline their policy or provide a link to their own information page. For further clarification, you can contact a property’s owner/agent by clicking on the “Send Enquiry” button or calling the number (if shown).
Are properties getting extra cleaning?
All accommodation providers are required to follow best practice guildeines for cleaning proeprties between guests to reduce the risk of Coronavirus transmission:
- Use personal protective equipment for cleaning and maintenance.
- Use effective disinfectants.
- Consider various methods of cleaning.
- Implement contactless key collection.
- Limit contact with guests where possible.
- Create a cleaning checklist for cleaners to follow.
- Provide a cleaning standards document to give transparency to an incoming guest.
- Provide property information packs via email or through an online facility where possible.
- Consider check in/check out times to accommodate additional cleaning and allow for extra time if required.
- Ensure staff and contractors adhere to social distancing measures.
We recommend keeping up to date with the following government and health service advice.