With its own woodland garden, seating and patio areas the lodge consists of:
• one double bedroom with French windows leading to a patio and the woodland garden.
• a shower room,
• breakfast bar/workspace
• open plan fitted kitchen, dining/living space
• a sun lounge.
• woodland garden leads directly into the meadow where many things wait to be discovered including a fire pit, pizza shack and much more!
A cosy bright and airy one bedroomed lodge in a rural location perfect for a couple and up to two well behaved dogs.
• Bed linen provided
• Towels provided but bring your own beach towels
• Traditional board games, playing cards, jigsaw puzzles, books
• Smart TV, DVD player with surround sound, WI-FI
• Electric fire, radiators and underfloor heating included,
• Laundry facilities shared with owner
• Electric car charging via outdoor standard 13amp socket
• Off road parking
• Up to two dogs,
• Adults only, No under 18s
• No smoking
You can walk to the village of Kennford (15 minutes at most) where you will find the well-stocked village shop with the full range of provisions including local fresh produce. It has a café and the post office.
The village also has a great pub and a cycle shop with café. A 10-minute cycle ride takes you to the village of Kenn which has a traditional thatched pub with restaurant. Further along the valley is Kenton with restaurants and Powderham Castle with its parkland, shops, cafe and restaurant. And, oh yes, our immediate neighbour is the ice cream parlour.
There is much in the area for the adventurous, the curious, for those seeking relaxation, for those wishing to connect with nature. You will be close to the cathedral city of Exeter (4 miles) and the Teign Valley “The Gateway to Dartmoor”.
You can discover and explore wild moorland, dramatic forests and tranquil woodlands, splendid river estuaries, stunning commons, deep valleys and of course the many beaches Devon is renowned for:
• Teignmouth 10 miles
• Dawlish 10 miles
• Exmouth 14 miles
• Budleigh Salterton 17 miles
• Sidmouth 18 miles
Nearby you can explore Route 2 cycle route, Haldon Forest Park (Go Ape, bike hire, cycling, walking and running trails, Segway hire and cafe) and the SW coastal path.
You can visit and experience parts of the county by steam railway and by water both sea and river, trips and private hire. There is much National Trust land and many properties of significant interest (Killerton House, Knightshayes House, Castle Drogo)
With good roads links Kennford is within easy reach of:
• South Devon -Torquay 19 miles
• North Devon - Saunton Sands 65 miles
• Dorset - Lyme Regis 37 miles
• Cornwall including the surfing beaches on the north coast Newquay (85 miles), the Eden Project (78 miles) and the Lost Gardens of Heligan (84 miles).
You can take trips to places such as Bude, Port Isaac, Padstow, Looe, Polperro and Mevagissey, a scenic train ride to St Ives and so much more.