A charming bijoux bolthole! This detached cottage sits in the grounds of the owner's house with its own private garden and adjoining woodland, about a mile from Lough Corrib for salmon and trout fishing.
This lovely holiday home is tastefully furnished in a traditional style. A great option for a couple looking to explore the spectacular scenery of Connemara with its many lakes, mountains and interesting coastline and the nearby fifteenth century castle.
Situated about 4 miles from Oughterard, the 'Gateway to Connemara' this self catering property is close to excellent shops and restaurants. Tennis and pony trekking are also available locally and there’s an 18 hole golf course too. Explore the lake by boat or try your hand at fishing, this is the largest lake in Southern Ireland.
A visit to Galway City is a must! A fusion of traditional western culture with a bohemian vibe. With a backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean, this is one of Irelands top spots and a culinary delight. Galway has a couple of Michelin starred restaurants which sit alongside fish and chips, Irish style pizzas and rustic hearty dishes. Join one of the culinary tours as you stroll around and meet the local brewers, producers and chocolatiers in this gastronomic hub.
The dark night skies are wonderful too, it’s time to switch off, relax and do a little stargazing!
Local attractions nearby include:
- Oughterard 4 miles for shops and restaurants
- World class fishing on Lough Corrib
- Tennis, Pony trekking and golf all available
- Explore Connemara
- Kitchen/sitting/dining room: Solid fuel stove
- Bedroom 1: Double bed
- En suite: Shower and WC
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedroom
- Beds: 1 x double bed
- Kitchen & utilities: Washing machine, microwave
- Entertainment: Free to air TV/DVD, radio
- For families: High chair
- Outside: Seating area with garden furniture
- Parking: Available at the property
- General: Linen, towels, Wi-Fi, plug in electric radiators, duvets
- Pets: One well behaved dog is welcome. Note - you will need to pay an additional pet fee and you must not leave dogs unattended in the property
- Accidental Damage Deposit: You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment
- Notes: Starter fuel provided
- Extras: Electricity