This beautiful traditional farmhouse is on a secluded working sheep farm but offers the best of both worlds with peace and tranquility on the doorstep and historic towns, loughs and activities all nearby!
The cottage style interiors are perfect! Warm and welcoming with three bedrooms providing plenty of space for five guests. The living space is cosy and comfortable with an open fire and pretty checked sofa and chairs and the farmhouse style kitchen is well equipped complete with an AGA style range and large dining table. This really is a charming cottage in a great location.
Visit the historic Georgian town of Ramelton, just 4 miles away. This charming town sits at the mouth of the River Lennon with its beautiful riverside walks. It's a lovely place to stroll around, do a bit of shopping and enjoy lunch at one of the cafes or pubs. Ramelton is a delightful designated Heritage Town often referred to as “The Jewel in Donegal’s Crown” and it’s easy to see why!
Take a day out and explore the stunning Glenveagh National Park. This remote wilderness of native oak woodlands, gin clear lakes, waterfalls and mountains is Irelands second largest National Park. Sitting on the shores of Lough Veagh is the beautiful Glenveagh Castle is a former hunting lodge dating back to the late 19th century. This whole area of national park is home to some interesting flora and fauna as well as red deer, bats and otters. This whole area is steeped in history with Doe Castle, Glebe Gallery and St Columbs, Rathmullan Heritage Centre all within easy reach. If you’re planning an active holiday, head to Gartan Lough Outdoor Pursuits Centre. There are also golf courses, riding stables and swimming all within an 8 mile radius.
Local attractions nearby include:
- Georgian town of Ramelton 4 miles
- Kilmacrennan 2 miles from for nearest shop
- Glenveagh National Park and Castle
Doe Castle, Glebe Gallery and St Columbs, Rathmullan Heritage Centre all within easy reach. Gartan Lough Outdoor Pursuits Centre
- Numerous golf courses, riding stables and swimming are all within an 8 mile radius
- Letterkenny 6 miles
- Size: 5 in 3 bedrooms
- Beds: 1 x Double bed, 3 x Single beds + Cot
- Kitchen/dining room: Oil fired Rayburn range
- Sitting room: Open fire
- Bathroom: WC
- Bedroom 1: Single bed
- Bedroom 2: Double bed
- Bedroom 3: Two single beds
- Kitchen & utilities: Dishwasher. Washing machine. Fridge/freezer
- Entertainment: TV. CD/radio
- For families: High chair, cot
- Outside: Garden with seat and barbecue
- Parking: Available at the property
- General: Linen, towels, Wi-Fi. Duvets. Oil fired central heating. No smoking
- Pets: Pets welcome. Note - you will need to pay an additional pet fee and you must not leave dogs unattended in the property
- Accidental Damage Deposit: You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment
- Extras: Oil, electricity