Pembrokeshire holiday cottage a romantic, woodland retreat nr Solva – pet friendly
- A romantic tranquil retreat, just for two, almost hidden in a secluded woodland glade with your own large wildlife pond (4′ deep) across the front lawn and 12 acres of mature woodland to explore – a naturalists and bird watchers paradise, just 1.5 miles from the coastal village of Solva.
- Newly converted from what was the laundry to a manor house, this pretty little Pembrokeshire holiday cottage has been furnished and equipped in a modern contemporary style.The property is finished to exacting standards which maximise the available space of this historic building; please note that storage for hanging clothes is limited.”
- Cosy and warm with a wood burning stove in the open plan living/dining/kitchen, underfloor heating, a very smart wet room and a delightful sheltered walled rear garden with patio and furniture. Pet friendly.
- Lots of pet friendly walks from your doorstep – take the woodland trail which passes the gated cottage entrance into the harbour village of Solva with its restaurants.
Solva, Pembrokehsire coast
- The Cambrian Inn Restaurant, pubs and harbour side café (No 35) as well as art/craft galleries and ‘Window on Wales’ – a truly delightful shop selling a variety of unusual gifts and clothes.
- Join the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path here – wonderful walking with unbeatable coastal views or take a boat trip, order a freshly caught lobster for supper and shop at Bay View Stores in Upper Solva – a great village shop/post office catering for all your needs!
- Take a fishing trip from the harbour with Solva Boats or even learn to sail!
Solva Woollen Mill
- Do visit Solva Woollen Mill in Middle Mill, the oldest working woollen mill in Pembrokeshire which specialises in flat weave carpets, rugs and runners – including rugs for Llwynywormwood, Prince Charles’ Welsh residence. Visitors are welcome to watch the looms at work and perhaps buy a memento in the shop?
St Davids & Whitesands Beach near romantic woodland retreat
- St Davids with its medieval Cathedral, a mecca for pilgrims and tourists throughout the ages, glorious Whitesands Blue Flag Beach with its life-guards (in season)
- This 2 mile stretch of golden sand is always popular with surfers, kayakers and wind surfers are all within a very short drives.
- Ladies may like to indulge in a beauty treatment at the salon next door to the Duke of Edinburgh pub – a stone’s throw from Newgale beach.
North Pembrokeshire Coast, Coastal Path
- All the North Pembrokeshire Coast with its Coastal Path, tiny harbours and hidden coves are yours to discover and are all within an easy drive.
Romabntic Woodland Retreat Cottage
- In a woodland glade this little Pembrokeshire holiday cottage is in a naturalists retreat – ideal for a romantic break for two. One well behaved dog is welcome too.